Kottayam District Profile
|Akshaya District Project office situated at Ozhathil building, Ozhathil Lane,Near railway Goodsshed,Nagambadam,Kottayam which started functioning since 2007.The office currently comprises of the DPM and the 7 staffs working under him. The present designations occupied by the staff are Akshaya Co-ordinator(1), Asst. Project Co-ordinator General(1), Project Assistant(1),Block Co-ordinator (3) and Office Boy (1). The District office monitors the 185 active Akshaya centres which are spread across the 5 municipalities and 73 Grama Panchayaths within the distrit. Our dedicated ACEs from different streams of life have been succesful in extending the various G2C services of our Government and the other B2C services to the general public in an appreciative manner.|
1.The District is currently ranked 1 in terms of Chief Ministers Distress Relief Fund Applications through Akshaya Centers .
2. Distribution of Application forms for scholarship to students of Converted Chistians Development Coorporation is started primarily in Kottayam District and this service is now extended to all the other districts in Kerala.
3.The various products ofManorama Daily like News paper, Magazine,Weeklies, Cds etc are distributed through Akshaya Centres on the basis of 15 to 20% commission.
4. Distribution of application form for universal Insurance plan in the municipality in association with Kottayam Municipality and Oriental Insurance.
5.Blood Donation Forum created in Akshaya Centres in association with Hindustan Latex Family Promotion Project and many akshaya centres started this program.
6.Daily Local News and Obitury news given to Various Dailies through Akshaya Centres in tie up with Press Club Kottayam.
7.Achieved a Letter of Excellence for the Outstanding peformance by ADPO and ACEs in implementing a training programme for 1,00,000 learners in Intel learn Program Kerala.
8.Aadhar Enrolment Camps conducted for Bedridden patients especially DBT Beneficiaries with the support of concerned GramaPanchayaths during 2014 itself and covered maximum GPs.
9. Conducted Aadhar enrolment camps in jails,EPF Office,Schools for mentally and phyically challenged children,Rehabilitation institutions etc.
10.Through the Aadhar Grievence Redressal cell started and managed by the ADPO staff ,till date around two thousand grievances from citizens related to AADHAAR were resolved by continuous follow ups.
11. Around 40% of Akshaya centres are branded and a good number of others will be converted in the near future .
12. The District has around 50 Permanent Aadhar Enrollment Centers and 40 Child Enrollment Tabs .Eventhough the NPR Project started in a Pilot basis in Kottayam District, we were able to complete 8.5 Lakh Aadhar enrolment with the availableAadhar Machines.
District Contact Details
Kerala, India - 686 001